Karara Mining is fast approaching commissioning in September this year for our 8Mtpa magnetite operations and already underway with feasibility for 16Mtpa expansion.
Here are some key facts why the industry is sitting up and paying attention:
- World-class magnetite deposit and multiple hematite deposits with 30Mtpa potential for a mine life in excess of 30 years. First major magnetite operation "Opening the Mid West"
- 2.4 billion-tonne ore body covers an area 800m wide by 3km long and has been so far been drilled to a depth of 300m
Karara's open pit will be similar in size to the Kalgoorlie super pit once complete
We have enviable processing plant for operations and maintainability.
- Dry stacked tailings - only one in Australia to use this world leading technology. The production of dry tailings represents a significant investment in water recycling capacity at Karara, allowing the project to reduce its water consumption by about a one third
- Commitment to training and education including our University Scholarship Program which is open to students in site local communities who have a firm commitment to work at a professional level in a mining company.
- We've successfully released Malleefowl chicks in the wild after being hand-reared in a program supported by the environmental team at Karara Mining which is designed to demonstrate a viable method of preserving the endangered species.
- Our innovation park supports local community develop initiatives and commercial social enterprise.
- Dynamic, innovative and achievement focussed team, producing results where others are lagging. We call it Karara Kan Do! Testament to the buzz and excitement, our work culture and huge potential, we are attracting a strong team in these times of skills challenges.
We'd love you to take a look further, perhaps this is the place for you!
Together we are building a better tomorrow:
Our People. Our Families. Our Community. Our Shareholders. Our Future.